Costa’s wage-grab bid won’t work with Bayern, says Hoeness
Douglas Costa has been warned not to publicly agitate over his future at Bayern Munich by club president Uli Hoeness.
Brazil international Costa triggered consternation in Munich following an interview in Bild Am Sonntag, exactly where he claimed to be undecided over his next move amid interest from unnamed Premier League, LaLiga, Ligue 1 and Chinese Super League clubs.
The 26-year-old scored the winner in Tuesday’s 1-0 DFB-Pokal triumph over Wolfsburg, but has been restricted to eight Bundesliga begins in a season when fellow wide attackers Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery have signed new contracts.
Hoeness believes securing improved terms is Costa’s own motivation and insists taking such grievances public is just not the way Bayern do enterprise.
The former Germany international told TZ he felt the player’s actions had been: “A desperate try to get a larger salary.”
He added: “That doesn’t perform with us. He can attempt 10 extra instances. He’s surely not a social event.”
Bayern head coach Carlo Ancelotti mentioned inside the build-up for the Wolfsburg game that he believes Costa is satisfied at the club and attributed the Bild Am Sonntag interview as primarily representing the motives in the former Shakhtar Donetsk man’s agent.